When Moss closed its doors in 2012, the SoHo design mecca left a void in New York’s aesthetic landscape. Now a former Moss acolyte isattempting to fill it—albeit using a very different approach. Founded by Juan Garcia Mosqueda, who assisted Murray Moss for a year and a half, Chamber—a new boutique in Chelsea—offers a highly curated selection of limited-edition objects. But rather than act as a one-man vetting committee, Mosqueda, 26, plans to hand over the aesthetic keys to the shop every two years to someone new. “I felt it was more interesting to involve various perspectives on collecting,” he says. “If it was only my vision, I’d probably get bored after a couple of years.” Continue reading
about meI am a freelance writer, editor, and curator living in New York City, and the co-founder of Sight Unseen, an online magazine about creative inspiration and process. I spent four years as senior editor at I.D. magazine, where I traveled the world scouting the best furniture, products, and emerging design talent. I am currently the contributing design editor at Details, author of the Limited column in Surface magazine, and a contributor to the New York Times's T Style magazines, among others. Here you'll find a selection of my work, filed under the categories above. Click here to contact me.
- Our official, holiday-ready, design gift guide, with prezzies from $50-$250 is up! sightunseen.com/2016/12/50-250… https://t.co/OlrnZWcBNX 3 days ago
- #DesignforProgress in the @aigadesign gift guide! eyeondesign.aiga.org/the-100-offici… 3 days ago
- @HermanMiller’s new New York flagship is a design store for the way we live now sightunseen.com/2016/11/design… https://t.co/TViAzeH3rJ 4 days ago
- The best gifts for design lovers under $50 sightunseen.com/2016/12/under-… https://t.co/SYvO4vytBF 4 days ago
- Win these Calder-inspired earrings by @barioneal, and get a peek at their inspirations! sightunseen.com/2016/11/win-84… https://t.co/8QxmC8JUHt 4 days ago