monica AT sightunseen DOT com
about meI am a freelance writer, editor, and curator living in New York City, and the co-founder of Sight Unseen, an online magazine that uncovers what’s new and next in design and the visual arts. I spent four years as senior editor at I.D. magazine, and I am currently a contributing editor for T magazine in the New York Times, as well as a design market editor for Bon Appetit. Here you'll find a selection of my work, filed under the categories above. Click here to contact me.
- A new ceramics collection makes it easier to recreate that Matisse aesthetic at home *without* a dorm poster… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 6 hours ago
- A playful new North Carolina hotel where ’80s Miami and Victorian grandeur collide. domino.com/content/dreame… https://t.co/n2X7B6H2Qj 3 days ago
- This week in design: An edible club chair made from bread sightunseen.com/2020/01/week-o… https://t.co/zlludDP2sW 3 days ago
- Ryan Belli’s debut collection has a delightful weirdness about it — not unlike the kind associated with his longtim… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- Robert Sukrachand takes giant shards of colored and antique mirror, lays them out haphazardly on benches made from… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago