monica AT sightunseen DOT com
about meI am a freelance writer, editor, and curator living in New York City, and the co-founder of Sight Unseen, an online magazine that uncovers what’s new and next in design and the visual arts. I spent four years as senior editor at I.D. magazine, and I am currently a contributing editor for T magazine in the New York Times, as well as a design market editor for Bon Appetit. Here you'll find a selection of my work, filed under the categories above. Click here to contact me.
- This month in graphic design: A book on Roberto Burle Marx, the design of a favorite Spotify playlist series, and a… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 day ago
- These New York architects turned their West Village walk-up into a design showroom sightunseen.com/2021/03/ian-fe… https://t.co/GW09pZ7HQe 2 days ago
- James Shaw's work begins as discarded post-consumer plastic that he turns into slightly trippy organic forms, remin… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Studio Sløyd’s Minimalist Pine Furniture is Rehabilitating a Misunderstood Norwegian Wood sightunseen.com/2021/02/studio… https://t.co/9aT9u5U33e 3 days ago
- Travertine, salt, and wood: Gregory Beson and the beauty of tangible materials sightunseen.com/2021/02/gregor… https://t.co/Z20rn2CueF 4 days ago