monica AT sightunseen DOT com
about meI am a freelance writer, editor, and curator living in New York City, and the co-founder of Sight Unseen, an online magazine that uncovers what’s new and next in design and the visual arts. I spent four years as senior editor at I.D. magazine, and I am currently a contributing editor for T magazine in the New York Times, as well as a design market editor for Bon Appetit. Here you'll find a selection of my work, filed under the categories above. Click here to contact me.
- Molecular biologist by day, ceramicist by night: How science informs Abid Javed’s art sightunseen.com/2021/05/abid-j… https://t.co/0TVbcV7NIP 2 days ago
- Motherhood — and the ways in which it challenges us to create — is at the center of Egg Collective's new exhibition… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- Pierre Paulin chairs and pistachio concrete: A 1930s-inspired boutique lands in Los Angeles sightunseen.com/2021/04/teller… https://t.co/sQM3NyJ0bh 5 days ago
- This week in design: a pop star’s Melbourne home, the return of a beloved LA exhibition, and a flat-pack wooden tab… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 5 days ago
- An interior designer on the perks and pitfalls of turning your home into a gallery sightunseen.com/2021/04/sara-r… https://t.co/sK2chfmKWI 6 days ago