Entreprenuer Rick Friedman is launching the ArtHamptons fair, July 11 through 13, in the posh 11963 zip code, otherwise known as Bridgehampton, New York. “If you put your compass down here and trace a five-mile radius, you’d be impressed with the serious collectors that live within it,” says Friedman. The work on view, from 55 galleries, is priced accordingly: $50,000 to $200,000, on average, for heavy hitters like de Kooning, Warhol and Wyeth. Continue reading
about meI am a freelance writer, editor, and curator living in New York City, and the co-founder of Sight Unseen, an online magazine that uncovers what’s new and next in design and the visual arts. I spent four years as senior editor at I.D. magazine, and I am currently a contributing editor for T magazine in the New York Times, as well as a design market editor for Bon Appetit. Here you'll find a selection of my work, filed under the categories above. Click here to contact me.
- Want a little piece of Sight Unseen in your home? We've designed two hyper-colorful rugs for the 120-year-old Swedi… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 week ago
- Looking for a job in design? Check out the job board from our friends at @designmilk — you could apply to design in… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- We have a major giveaway happening on the site — a $500 shopping spree to Hay’s new online shop! Enter to win here:… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 weeks ago
- See the swoon-worthy results of four top designers in collaboration with a centuries-old French metalworking atelie… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 1 month ago
- Shop our American Design Hot List on @modaoperandi! twitter.com/modaoperandi/s… 1 month ago