monica AT sightunseen DOT com
about meI am a freelance writer, editor, and curator living in New York City, and the co-founder of Sight Unseen, an online magazine about creative inspiration and process. I spent four years as senior editor at I.D. magazine, where I traveled the world scouting the best furniture, products, and emerging design talent. I am currently the contributing design editor at Details, author of the Limited column in Surface magazine, and a contributor to the New York Times's T Style magazines, among others. Here you'll find a selection of my work, filed under the categories above. Click here to contact me.
- Anyone have any ideas for more random Scandinavian words we can turn into design trends? 😂 1stdibs.com/blogs/the-stud… 1 week ago
- Our 2nd Milan round-up takes you to the fair, with color-blocking, cast glass and the coolest mustard-colored couch… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 weeks ago
- Our first round-up of Milan Design Week 2017 finds terrazzo tables, neon marble lights, and colored glass galore… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 weeks ago
- @ConsortDesign @Mi_Design_Week LOL 2 weeks ago
- These Uruguay-born, Los Angeles–based women are poised for furniture stardom sightunseen.com/2017/03/estudi… https://t.co/RSjJE7k9WM 3 weeks ago