Brussels is essentially the Washington, D.C., of Belgium: a city mired in politics and consistently overshadowed (at least in terms of fashion) by Antwerp, its neighbor to the north. But behind closed doors, this famously conservative capital has always trumped Antwerp for collectors and creators of art and design. Lately, that energy has begun turning Brussels into a cultural destination for everyone to enjoy… Continue reading
about meI am a freelance writer, editor, and curator living in New York City, and the co-founder of Sight Unseen, an online magazine that uncovers what’s new and next in design and the visual arts. I spent four years as senior editor at I.D. magazine, and I am currently a contributing editor for T magazine in the New York Times, as well as a design market editor for Bon Appetit. Here you'll find a selection of my work, filed under the categories above. Click here to contact me.
- Tetris, tangrams, and turtle shells: Welcome to the endlessly delightful world of Sean Gerstley… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 18 hours ago
- The correct answer to "what should I put on my floor" sightunseen.com/2021/10/week-o… https://t.co/z2XttilGft 20 hours ago
- The minimalist hotel you should book for your next Mexico City trip sightunseen.com/2021/10/circul… https://t.co/XCWiwnLNlt 1 day ago
- Three new design hotels to get cozy in this fall sightunseen.com/2021/10/fall-2… https://t.co/AdJJyAX6nX 1 day ago
- Some news: We've launched a new design mentorship program with the Female Design Council! sightunseen.com/2021/10/fdc-me… 1 day ago