In the 1990s, boutiques and bars popped up between the Latino watering holes in San Francisco’s Mission District. Now the neighborhood is experiencing another surge, as a handful of Italian restaurants are bringing culinary sophistication to an area known more for burritos as big as your head… Continue reading
about meI am a freelance writer, editor, and curator living in New York City, and the co-founder of Sight Unseen, an online magazine that uncovers what’s new and next in design and the visual arts. I spent four years as senior editor at I.D. magazine, and I am currently a contributing editor for T magazine in the New York Times, as well as a design market editor for Bon Appetit. Here you'll find a selection of my work, filed under the categories above. Click here to contact me.
- It's gifting season, and if our budget this year was $12,000 instead of $200, we would definitely be buying someone… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 2 days ago
- Have you ever seen a cooler menorah? sightunseen.com/2019/11/week-o… 2 days ago
- One of our favorite pieces at Pierre Yovanovitch's new love-themed exhibition was a ceramic-topped coffee table who… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 3 days ago
- A New Jose Dávila Exhibition in A Stunning Brutalist Church sightunseen.com/2019/11/jose-d… https://t.co/Jqwa8dwSxV 3 days ago
- It’s gift guide season, and if our budget this year was $12,000 instead of $200, we would definitely be buying some… twitter.com/i/web/status/1… 4 days ago